Canadian Immigration Lawyer Toronto - Chahal Law Office

Best Law practice serves Brampton, ON, and surrounding areas

At Chahal Law Office we provide a full range of services, with adherence to addressing our clients’ concerns with the best solutions. With offices in Brampton, Chahal Law office is accessible to clients across the Greater Toronto Area and throughout Ontario.

Immigration Law

Canada welcomes thousands of immigrants to its country every year!

We at Chahal Law help our clients in sound and thorough immigration services to assist each individual or their families and loved ones who are planning to move to Canada.

Immigrating to Canada can be a complicated and lengthy process, thus the best way to make sure that no difficulties come up while entering, visiting, or moving to our country, is to work with the best legal expert. We serve our clients in navigating this legal route of immigration by remaining updated with all the changes happening to Canada's Immigration Law.

Chahal Law help in the following service areas of immigration:

Study in Canada

Studying in Canada is an experience no one want to miss out!

With multiple universities/colleges, and then the job opportunities available after graduation many people have the dream for the same. As we all know immigration is a dynamic, ever-changing area of law therefore if you are planning to apply for Study VISA it's always a better way to consult an Immigration lawyers as they endeavor to stay updated for the latest developments and changing legislation to the immigration rules.

What are you still thinking about?

Contact Chahal Law for all your needs of coming to Canada as an international student, extend your study permit and find out about working while you study or after you graduate.

Work in Canada

Working in Canada is an attractive option for many skilled foreign workers from all over the world. A Canadian work permit is a permission to take a job within Canada if you are from a foreign country. There are many types of permits one can avail of like Open Work Permit, Employer Specific Work permit, Post-Graduation Work Permit, Invite your Spouse for Open Work Permit.

Why Seeking Professional Help for Work Visas is Important?

Usually, employment and business opportunities are time-sensitive and for that reason having a legal representative in Canada is the most efficient way to proceed. There can be a higher risk of refusal in cases where the application is not properly prepared due to sticking laws. The documentation processes involved in obtaining a work permit are complex thus consulting legal expertise is the best way.

Visitor Visa

Canada is an amazing place to visit! Millions of visitors come to Canada each year for various purposes like vacations, visiting family and friends. A visitor visa is often referred to as a Canadian tourist visa. Citizens from certain countries may need a visa to enter Canada. Foreign nationals from specified countries require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter Canada and don’t require the Temporary Resident Visa. Canada has a Temporary Resident Visa program which allows you to enter Canada legally for business or tourism purposes. While the procedures for applying for a Canadian Visitor Visa look easy and thus some applicants apply without availing any help from any immigration lawyer, thinking that they can ‘do it themselves’. We find that the number one reason why applications are denied is due to forms not being correctly filled out. There can be many small reasons for the rejection, so it is saved to take the assistance of professional immigration lawyers.

You can increase your chances at getting an approval on your applications. We assist you understand which VISA you require and further help you applying for the same.

Refugee Protection Claim

Canada offers refugee protection to some people in Canada who fear persecution or who would be in danger if they had to leave. Some dangers they may face include, torture, the risk to their life, risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment. Claims for refugee protection in Canada are extremely important so it is of importance that you and your family be represented by a lawyer with experience in representing people before the Immigration and Refugee Protection Board as you will not likely have a second chance to make your claim.

Contact us to schedule a consultation immediately.

Caregiver Programs

The Caregiver program is a program for individuals who want to migrate and work in Canada as caregivers. As a caregiver, you have options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily.

There are three routes in which a caregiver can apply for permanent residence under this program:

  • Caring for children – Minimum of two years' experience in providing full-time childcare in a home in Canada.
  • Caregiving for people having high medical needs – Minimum of two years working experience as a registered or licensed practical nurse, home support worker, orderly, nursing aide
  • Live-in Caregiver – Minimum two years of work experience in the living-in caregiver program in Canada

Our lawyers at Chahal Law Office will assist you in preparing a detailed caregiver application for your permanent residence.

Provincial Nominee program

You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream. To apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory. If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first apply to the province where you wish to settle and complete its provincial nomination process. The province will consider your application based on its immigration needs and your genuine intention to settle there.

This program is for workers who:

  • have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
  • want to live in that province, and
  • want to become permanent residents of Canada


If your immigration application to Canada gets refused, you have several options available. You may have options to challenge the visa officer’s decision by way of an appeal before the Immigration Appeals Division or by filing an application for Leave before the Federal Courts. A properly drafted academic appeal can mean the difference between a suspension or a successful dismissal of the charge.

There are strict time limits on filing most types of appeals (often 30 days or less) so you should hire Experienced Appeals Lawyers to Defend You. Chahal Law Office can assist you in getting a second chance before the justice system.

H&C Application

Foreign nationals who are inadmissible or who do not meet the requirements of the Act or Regulations may make a written request for consideration under subsection A25(1). There are some restrictions with respect to the examination of applications for H&C consideration.

Our lawyers can help the clients, who are inadmissible to remain in Canada, to apply for an exemption under the H&C grounds.

For instance, an H&C exemption can be sought for people who are inadmissible due to criminality, misrepresentation, medical conditions, financial insecurity, or non-compliance with immigration law. Our lawyers can compile the mandatory documentation and make legal submissions in your application to establish that you are both eligible for and merit an H&C exemption.

Sponsorship-Spouse/ Parents/Grandparents

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada

Who can sponsor for PR in Canada?

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
  • person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act

NOTE: Temporary residents, including individuals with applications for permanent residence in process, are not eligible to sponsor their family members.

If you are planning to sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to Canada, we can help!

Get the most prominent & experienced Immigration Lawyer to Help with your Immigration Issues!


Are you a permanent resident who wants to become a Canadian Citizen?

If so, Chahal Law Office can help you. Generally, anyone who is born in Canada is automatically a Canadian citizen. However, people wanting to acquire Canadian citizenship can do so in several ways. To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:

  • be a permanent resident
  • have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
  • have filed your taxes, if you need to
  • pass a citizenship test
  • prove your language skills

Immigration issues are somehow complicated legal issues to handle yourself so we can be by your side in each phase of your case to guide you. Please call us today to schedule a time for a consultation


If you, a family member or loved one are considering moving to Canada on temporary or permanent basis, we encourage you to call Chahal Law. As law firm, we help you and provide you the details of the process you will need to follow, and we will be there to assist you through each of the footsteps required to obtain your residency or visa in Canada.

Our GOAL is to help our clients resolve their Immigration needs in the most efficient and effective manner by making the whole process as simple as possible to our clients.

Powered by Caindus